What is it? How do I care for my brows?
Now that you have LASH NERD brows follow these tips to maintain them. With proper care you will enjoy amazing brows!
Microblading, also known by a variety of names such as embroidery, microstroking, feather touch and hair like strokes, is a form of semi-permanent Makeup that provides a means to partially or fully camouflage missing eyebrow hair with the appearance of simulated hair using fine deposits of cosmetic tattoo pigments.
Microblading aftercare is very important to the appearance and longevity of your new eyebrows.
1. Do not let any water, lotion, soap, or makeup touch your eyebrow area during the first 7 days after your procedure.
2. After 5-7 days, make sure your hands are completely clean and gently apply the post-care ointment with clean hands. This can be done once at night time, but be sure to use the ointment sparingly as your skin needs to heal itself. Please continue to apply the ointment for 7 days.
3. Avoid rubbing or picking your brows. This can affect the healing process and your results. Itching and flaking may appear during the first seven days post-microblading procedure. However, experience has shown that by following these after-care instructions, these symptoms may quickly disappear.
4. Please wash your face carefully around the eyebrow without getting water on the treated area. During the shower, keep your face away from the showerhead or take a bath.
The following must be avoided during all 14 days post-5. microblading procedure:
Hot sauna, hot bath, or Jacuzzi
Sun tanning or salon tanning
UV/UVA Rays or chemicals as they have been known to cause a shift in color and premature fading
Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycolic acid on the face or neck
Picking, peeling, or scratching of the micro pigmented area in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment
Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris
Drinking alcohol in excess, as it may lead to slow healing of wounds
Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles, or motorcycles
Touching of the eyebrow area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care cream with a cotton swab
6. Proper hygiene is very important. Please keep your face clean by regular washing.
7. After showering avoid rubbing lashes, it best to blot them with a towel and let them air dry. Promptly brush them with your mascara wand after they are dry.
8. The pigment will appear very natural looking immediately after the procedure. The color of the pigment will appear much darker the next day.
9. Once the healing of the skin starts taking place, it will look like dandruff flakes or dry skin. However, this is just superficial color and dry skin being naturally removed from your eyebrows. The final look of your eyebrows will be apparent approximately 30 days after your procedure.
10. Once completely healed, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 up to SPF 50 on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure might cause the color pigment to fade away more quickly. When using foundation, be aware when applying to avoid your healed eyebrows. If foundation covers healed brows, your eyebrows will appear lighter.
Note that because of natural skin regeneration, after the recovery period (peeling), brows might appear lighter than original. This might give you the impression that color is fading too quickly. Often even with proper care, clients may lose original hair strokes which make brows look uneven. It is absolutely normal. That’s is the reason why most customers need a touchup after 6 weeks.